Postcards from the Desert

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Sun, Art, and New Pet Beds.


I've lasted a month at my new job, made it through some big projects, stayed late a couple of times, but also got to go to see the opening of the XMen movie with the group of graphic designers I share the room with. I come home for lunch some days, and take bentley in to work with me on Fridays, it's been pretty good.


We've finally got the Sun hung between the chairs out back. It looks really nice, and reminds us that it's very hot outside.



A closer pic, the face was a little weird, but its got a lot of character, and reminds us that it's hot as hell out there if we forget while standing in the over hundreds temps.

Last weekend we went to downtown Pheonix to check out the farmer's market. I'm thinking of setting my art tent up somewhere on saturday mornings and have a couple markets to check. There were's many tents on this hot weekend, and there's one closer to my house but I saw some beautiful jewlery here that I will come back for closer to the holidays.

This is one of the backlit art pieces near a bus stop at the intersection of 7th avenue and glenrosa in PHX, I am sending them my slide portfolio to try to get some of my work up, I love this idea and think it probably looks really cool at night, haven't made the trek down to see the evening version, but this piece in particular had a cool day night effect of photography done with masking.

Another by the same artist, with day cut out to night through the sillouette of the child.


These next two were macro pics I think, of cereal, very cool, they look like bales of hey in some post-nuclear or mars atmosphere. The artist was hard to see on my pics, I think it said - Ernie Button "Shredded Wheat ..."

And these were lucky charms on pins all broken except for the one.Ernie Button - "Pink Clouds and Green Clovers"




One huge perk of my new job is a big discount on pet stuff, I got matching beds for the crew and they seem to have picked their favs already.

Bentley luvs his new red bed.

And Venus luvs her new blue bed.

Serena is easily disturbed so often goes back to the couch for comfort.


And Bentley had a crazy little game we caught on film the other night. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2OQiDcCSw8

Bentley's posts: http://www.thegreatbentley.blogspot.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home