Postcards from the Desert

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Yes, Michigan the feelings forever....



Our trip to Michigan was really great, it went by so fast and I didn't get to see as many folks I would've liked, but I saw a lot of family, and had a little happy hour and outing in Lansing.



We met up with some folks at Leos for happy hour thursday, then went to the exchange for nightcaps, Matt was gracious enough to keep us up at his place. It was really nice to chat with old friends, I miss Michigan.


It's hard to see Jadey on the couch here planting a big sloppy kiss on my face.


I got a pic of Steve with the lush greenery we don't see here in 'zona too much.


The Dallas folks flew in and we all ended up around my folk's bar in the basment for some day-before-the-party billiards, dancing and libations.


My cousin Cody from Florida dancing the traditional brides dance.


Heidi and Cole cutting the cake in the tent near the porta-pottie. It was a true farm bbq-reception, complete with a trailer oven roasted full pig.


Of course, there was some line dancing, which was my cue to exit the floor and take fotos.


My grandpa came and hung out for a while, fed the dog some Koegels, and got in some pics with the family. He seems really happy for having lost my grandma a year ago. It was really good to talk with him.


My mom posing with my sister's new mother-in-law. My mom bought her skirt when she came to visit me in PHX just a couple weeks earlier. I thought she looked great.




The day after the party it was kinda rainy but everyone still wanted to be together so we slowly gathered in the garage, drank budweiser and chatted, its kinda sad everyone lives so far apart, but it makes it so bitter-sweet to get together like this too.



This past weekend Steve's friend JB came to visit, we took him shopping in old town, and out to Oregano's for some great pizza, this is the last of the travels/visits for a little while now I need to get back into the art swing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home