Postcards from the Desert

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

rainbows and forgotten pictures
Not too bad for a tuesday, it was a long day at work but on the way in I caught this rainbow. I took the camera in so I could get a picture of my new cubicle, or cubby, or workstation. I'm not sure it's still a cube if it doesn't form a square.

This past weekend they remodeled the room I work in. There'd been discussion of it since I started, we were going from corner office areas with about 12-14 feet of workspace to 6ft desks. But we got to vote on the colors! w00t. It will take some getting used to, but I might be able to keep some areas clear.


It is a little cramped feeling, and its more like an internet cafe, since it's so open. On my desktop I am working on a remodel of the interiors of the salons. Just concepts at this point. I am finishing up some other pieces that the printers continue to call about, so there are generally a lot of 11x17 papers cluddering my 6 feet of space.

Here's a shot of the the right side of the room, there's 3 more stations along the left wall. It's pretty loud and bustling, people play music on a little CD player, and everyone is pretty cool, it's just weird that the rest of the office has private cubicles. Oh well, I think the misconception is that creatives want an open sharing environment. People have been jokingly calling it a callcenter. (I have my winged frog on a spring hanging over my cube there behind the bright orange pumpkin.)



This is Roger Roadrunner, he greets me in the morning sometimes, but mostly says good night on my way out. What a beautiful bird. Mee-meep.


I think he gets fed so he hangs around, one day he walked to my car in front of me, which was weird.


Steve's birthday was back in June, and I forgot to post these pics. I got him an ice cream cake from Baskin Robins and a car wash kit. It's been too hot or stormy to do any type of vehicle washing, but come fall he'll be shining up that Prelude.

Make a wish!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home