Postcards from the Desert

Thursday, October 05, 2006


These illustrations are a collaberative project for a childrens book with some folks at work.







I'm doing some more illustrative drawings, and a coworker is doing some cartoonish stuff. A guy corralled us to help in out and will be publishing a one-time book for his wife as a gift when their son arrives sometime at the end of this month. I'm pretty excited, but have had a tough time finding hours to work on it as things seem really busy lately.

It's busy but I am enjoying it. The weather is cooling a bit, so I can take doggers for walks. It also seems as if a lot of art related stuff is taking off. The movie - which I supposedly have some artwork in -www.netherbeastmovie.com, a coop I put an application in for-still waiting to hear back on that, a pretty big charities campaign I am applying to get into, and an art festival to prepare for on November 5th. It's weird that not much has happened all summer art-wise then all the sudden I'm a bit overwelhmed, yet thankful.

I also got a bunch of books from a gift cert. I won, and am enjoying these two right now:
-Home Land by Sam Lipsyte
-The Best American Nonrequired Reading 2005 (Best American) By Dave Eggers

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home