Postcards from the Desert

Monday, February 05, 2007


On Wednesday, when we had decided we wanted to have some people over for the superbowl we were'nt considering a new TV. By Saturday, Steve decided the Superbowl sales were too hard to pass up. We ended up just researching, and comparing prices at Best Buy, Circuit City, and Costco and didn't make the big purchase until Sunday at 12pm. This made me a little nervous, as we had to get it home, hook it up, clean the house and get food and beer before 4pm.


We managed to pull it off, and I was amazed it all worked out. Steve even managed to realign all the furniture to accomadate the new centering. At the beginning of the day we were thinking noone would show. Then as we shopped the plasmas and lcds friends began to call and see if we we're still going to party.


An old friend from highschool showed up, he wanted me to take a couple pics... so here Stefan you can add these to your MySpace now.


Kelley made some delicous chex mix from scratch, it was still warm when she brought it over.


It was in the hi-70s outside, and sunny --a great day to hang out and have bloody mary's with the background noise of the game on. I watched a little bit of it. But as host, making drinks, cooking and preparing was my thing. I also hadn't seen Lyndee and her boyfriend in ages, so there was much catch-up and introductions of new friend groups to old friends.


Kelley's lil guy Oz came by, him and Niko are totally dating.


Oz even brought Niko a new bed, which she loves because it smells like him. Since we've had it she just lays in it, lovingly liking the sides.

The night before we dressed up for a James Bond themed birthday party -wish I would've gotten pics. I found a cheap little dress at the mall and wore some fishnets and boots with it. Not sure if I resembled a bond girl but it looked spy-like I think.

I've been dieting for 2 weeks now in preparation for Rocky Pointe. I haven't weighed myself yet so who knows if it's working, I've stepped up the workout regime too... we'll see. I am hoping to be totally comfortable in a bathing suit by then - there will be a lot of margaritas while i am there to celebrate if I can last long enough to see results.

We also made an offer on a house, but after a weekend of bidding back and forth, and an inspection that uncovered some polybutylene pipes we cancelled the contract. So we'll be back out this weekend to look at homes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home